Ever since the Saneca Pharma site was established in the 1940s, the focus has been on high quality pharmaceutical development and manufacturing. With its product range and a responsive team of experts, Saneca Pharma has evolved to become the ideal CDMO partner for pharmaceutical companies in Europe, USA, Canada and Asia.
Our site´s history
- 1941 – Originally established as a facility to produce morphine from local poppy straw.
- 1950s – Became Slovakofarma – sole regional hub for the manufacture of an extensive range of pharmaceutical products. Slovakofarma remains to this date a well respected brand locally .
- 1993 – Slovakofarma privatised and later merged with Czech company Léčiva to become Zentiva.
- 2009 – Sanofi purchased Zentiva and invested further in the Hlohovec site.
- 2013 – Sold to Wood & Company and Saneca Pharma born as an independent CDMO.
Did you know that Saneca means ‘health’ in Esperanto and was chosen to emphasise the company´s international vision .
- 2016 – Wood & Company continues investing into the site, expanding its morphine extraction capacity.
Did our portfolio meet your needs? Let´s discuss starting business with us.Contact us